Laura Roux is a Glass Artist living in Houston, TX. She grew up in Milwaukee, WI where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. She focused on art metals in college and later became a fiber artist showing her work around the US and Canada. She also has experimented in other mixed media arts. She worked in the travel industry for many years while continuing her art. She has furthered her education taking classes in different mediums with renowned instructors at Glassell School of Art, Bullseye Glass, Hollander Glass and many others.
She loves to travel and spends a lot of time in the Caribbean. Her hobbies are pilates, snorkeling, swimming, biking, writing poems and songs, concerts and reading.
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts with Departmental and Senior Honors
- Glassell School of Art, Houston, TX, Continuing Art Courses
- "Blue" Art Car Museum, Houston, TX
- "Below the Surface II" Art League of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, RI and The University of Rhode Island Providence Campus Gallery, Providence, RI
- "In Color" The Cultural Center of Cape Cod, South Yarmouth, MA
- "CCAN 2021" Center for Contemporary Arts, Abilene, TX
- "Hi Ho Silver" Art on 30th, San Diego, CA
- "What I Did on My Covid Vacation" Art Car Museum, Houston, TX (Upcoming)
- "Purely Abstract Group Exhibition" Las Laguna Art Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA
- "Madeley National" Madeley Gallery, Conroe, TX
- "Tiny Art of Texas" 218 Co-Op Gallery, San Marcos, TX
- "What's Above Your Sofa" St. Luke's UMC Rotunda Gallery, Houston, TX
- "NSA 34th Annual Juried Show" Hutchings Sealy, Galveston, TX
- "Pattern & Abstraction", FE Gallery Sacramento, CA
- "From the Light of the Silvery Moon, Evansville Museum, Evansville, IN
- 18 Hands Gallery, Houston, TX, "Innovations by Design"
- M Squared, Houston, TX, "Art for Art's Sake"
- 18 Hands Gallery, Houston, TX, "Focus On Fiber 2012"
- Hollywood Frame Gallery, Houston, TX, "Innovations By Design"
- Rockport Center for the Arts, Rockport, TX, "Shorelines Biennial 2011"
- Workhouse Arts Center, Lorton, VA, "The Art of Fiber"
- Art League Houston, Houston, TX, "Gambol"
- One Congress Plaza, Austin, TX "Texas by the Yard and Yarn-Texas a Fabrication Fiber Arts Exhibit"
- The Art Center of Estes Park Gallery, Estes Park, CO, "Lines into Shapes"
- The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake, Nassau Bay, TX, "Open Door Series"
- Pacific Art League, Palo Alto, CA, "Red"
- The H.E.S.S Club, Houston, TX, "Fashion in the City"
- Betz Gallery, Houston, TX, "Focus on Fiber 2011"
- Art Car Museum, Houston, TX, "Good Gulf"
- The North Carolina Arboretum, Asheville, NC, "blue ridge fiber show...inspirations from nature"
- The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake, Nassau Bay, TX, High Fiber and Raw Materials"
- Dragonfly Gallery, Austin, TX "Color Odyssey"
- The H.E.S.S Club, Houston, TX, "Fiber, Fashion, Form, Function"
- Port Moody Arts Centre, Port Moody, BC Canada, “The 2010 Wearable Art Awards”
- Port Moody Arts Centre, Port Moody, BC Canada, "The 2009 Wearable Art Awards"
- Acadiana Center for the Arts, Lafayette, LA, "Southern Open 2009"
- Expo New Mexico, Alburquerque, NM, "AFA Fiesta 2009"
- Archway Gallery, Houston, TX,, "Houston Area Fiber Artists Spring Show"
- Houston Center for contemporary Craft, Houston, TX, "Celebrating Our Creative Spirit: Texas Federation of Fiber Artists"
- 18 Hands Gallery, Houston, TX, "Interwoven"
- Live Oak Art Center, Columbus, TX, "For The Love of Art"
- Art Centre of Plano, Plano, TX, “New Horizons in Fiber”
- Art House, McAllen, TX, "New Frontiers: an exhibition of contemporary fiber art"
- The Art Institute of Houston, Houston, TX, "Compositions In Fiber"
- Copper Shade Tree Gallery, Round Top, TX, "Woven Wonders"
- Mills Pond House Gallery, St. James, NY, Smithtown Township Arts Council-"Works in Fiber"
- Westin Oaks, Houston, TX, "Bayou City Rags"
- JW Marriott, Houston, TX, "Fabrications-Up Close and Personal"
- The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake,, Nassau Bay, TX, "Side by Side"
- "Inspired By Winter", Fiber Art Now magazine, Winter 2013 issue
- "Artists Share Their Aspirations for 2013", Professional Artist Magazine Dec/Jan 2013 issue
- "Art Buzz, The 2012 Collection"
- "Touching Fiber Arts" by Carol Ikard and Jacque Smith
- "Cancer survivor pursues love of art", Houston Chronicle Memorial Spring Branch, March 22, 2007
- "Wearable art", Houston Chronicle, March 18, 2007
- Honorable Mention, "Art Buzz, The 2012 Collection"
- Runner Up for Wardrobe Competition-Simplicity Pattern Company, New York, NY "ASG Creativity Contest 2008"
- Finalist-Simplicity Pattern Company, New York, NY "Simplicity Creative Fashion Contest"
- Special Mention-JW Marriott, Houston, TX, "Fabrications-Up Close and Personal"
- Houston Area Fiber Artists
- Texas Federation of Fiber Artists
- American Sewing Guild
- Mixed Media Artists